2019 Riley Blake Fabric Challenge!
Welcome to the 2019 Riley Blake Fabric Challenge!
This year for the first time, we’re collaborating with an MQG member, Christopher Thompson! We're featuring prints from his new Riley Blake basics collection, Blossom, and Christopher helped select this year’s color palette. Our featured fabrics include Shades Robin, 1/8" Stripe Navy, Blossom Baby Pink, and Blossom on White Navy.
Signups open Saturday, March 9th at 4pm EST, 1pm PST. MQG Members will receive an email with the signup link. Sign up quickly, because we have many more members than we do fabric bundles, and bundles are first-come, first-serve.
Fabric will ship in late March, and the deadline for submissions is May 31, 2019. The top ten finalists will be displayed at Garden of Quilts in Lehi, Utah, Sep. 12–14, 2019. Check out Riley Blake’s website for more information!
Challenge Rules & Guidelines
- You must make a quilt (any size is welcome).
- You must use at least three of the featured Riley Blake prints, as well as any additional Riley Blake Solids.
- Participating members will receive a set of four fat eighths, but you are welcome to purchase additional fabric.
- You may use any Riley Blake solids in addition to the feature fabrics, but you may only use Riley Blake fabrics (including for the backing and binding).
- We encourage you to try an original design suited to the fabric! You may also use a pattern, but please tell us which one in your submission. (And please always give credit to the designer when sharing images.)
- The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2019.
- Please submit your finished project to the link at the bottom of this page (coming soon!). We will announce the top three winners in early June 2019, and the top ten finalists will be displayed at Garden of Quilts next September!
- Please also share your work on Instagram using #mqgfabricchallenge and #rileyblakedesigns!
Good luck, and happy stitching!